[mcclim-devel] Confused by with-room-for-graphics

Paul Werkowski pw at snoopy.mv.com
Thu Jan 27 12:08:10 UTC 2005

> Can people with classic CLIM try this function in a listener (I believe
> classic CLIM has such a thing) and try (draw-compass *standard-output*
> 'symbol t) and
> (draw-compass *standard-output* nil)? I would like to know if  the
> entire compass is visible and if it overlaps other graphics in the
> output stream.

I don't use a clim listener but I ran the test in an application-pane.

The first case draws a compass with S on top and N at bottom.
The second case draws it with N at top and S at bottom.
Lines of text around calls appear as expected.
Calling draw-compass after outputting some text but no terminating newline
results with the compass drawn to the right of that text with the top of
the N seemingly aligned with the top of the text string and the left of
the W aligned with the end of text. I can try and get more precise
alignment of the bounding box if you need that.

Let me know if you really need the test run in a listener. I think there
is one in the clim demo directory.

Paul