[mcclim-devel] CPU usage > 95% when running McCLIM apps

Rudi Schlatte rudi at constantly.at
Mon Jan 3 17:49:58 UTC 2005

On 3. Jän 2005, at 18:37, Paolo Amoroso wrote:

> Robert Strandh <strandh at labri.fr> writes:
>
>> I fully agree with you.  I kept forgetting to do that so I had
>> processes taking up 100% CPU on some of our servers.  I therefore
>> switched to SBCL that does not have this problem.
>
> I don't mind SBCL.  But, at least for delivery, I prefer CMUCL to
> extract every bit of additional performance.  In the case of a
> graphical system like McCLIM, this does help.

The INSTALL.lisp file has this magic incantation in its #+cmu section
that seems to take care of the problem:

(setf mp::*idle-process* mp::*initial-process*)

IIRC I got this from eclipse-the-window-manager, or perhaps from
cl-http.  Perhaps someone with more cmu-fu than me could comment if
this has any side-effects?

Rudi