[mcclim-devel] MORE ALIENS (or Freetype on SBCL)

Brian Mastenbrook chandler at unmutual.info
Thu Feb 17 14:05:53 UTC 2005

A little bit ago I tried looking into Freetype on SBCL. I got to the
point where after some random amount of fooling around with recompiling
forms from SLIME, it works - but not by default; it appears to either
have some invisible problems with alien struct circularity, or I'm just
being boneheaded about something. The latest tarball of my progress is
here:

http://www.unmutual.info/software/freetype.tar.gz

To use this, remove Experimental/freetype from your McCLIM tree and
replace it with the result of untarring this. The mcclim-freetype.asd
system should load everything, but compilation of freetype-fonts.lisp
will fail due to alien type problems.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to figure out why SBCL
doesn't understand that the alien type face is more than just (struct
face-rec-); it must have slots as well. Good luck!
--
Brian Mastenbrook
bmastenb at cs.indiana.edu
http://cs.indiana.edu/~bmastenb/