[mcclim-devel] Statement of intent: release McCLIM on Mothering Sunday (2005-03-06)

Peter Scott sketerpot at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 17:52:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:44:34 +0000, Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> am I allowed to mention the word "scrollbars"?  My particular
> case is that sometimes, in sb-sprof-ui or in my tabcode app, I see a
> lot of grey at the bottom of a scrolled area where real output ought
> to be.  (I'm afraid I don't even understand how this can happen, but
> I'll try to characterize it better if this is a new bug for anyone).

Here's something you might try for a possibly increased understanding
of the scrollbar bug: in the inspector, inspect something particularly
long and scroll down until you see the gray. Then click on a blank
area of the white part of the window. This issues the command "Toggle
Inspect NIL" (doesn't do anything; a minor bug) and it often makes the
gray bug go away. This code might also have something to do with the
inspector's version of the bug (but I don't really know what's going
on, so it might not):

(defmethod redisplay-frame-pane :after ((frame inspector)
					(pane application-pane)
					&key force-p)
  (declare (ignore force-p))
  (change-space-requirements
   pane
   :height (bounding-rectangle-height (stream-output-history pane))))

This has something to do with the scrolling, but I'm not sure exactly what.

-Peter