[mcclim-devel] Clouseau-based inspector for Listener

Peter Scott sketerpot at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 16:11:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 17:06:01 +0100, Paolo Amoroso <amoroso at mclink.it> wrote:
> (defun inspector (obj)
>   (let ((*print-length* 10)
>         (*print-level* 10))
>     (run-frame-top-level
>      (make-application-frame 'inspector :calling-frame *application-frame* :obj obj))))
>
> Perhaps it may be worth changing clouseau::inspector so that it can
> start a new thread in a way similar to clim-listener:run-listener.
> This way it would be possible to open more than one inspector frame at
> a time from the Listener.

This sounds like a good idea, and I'll add a keyword argument to spawn
a new process later today. If you can't wait until tomorrow, this bit
of code should do the trick, albeit in a slightly ugly way, now and
forevermore:

(clim-sys:make-process #'(lambda () (inspector obj))
			   :name "Inspector Clouseau")

Where OBJ is the object you want to inspect.

-Peter