[mcclim-devel] asdf-install ready mcclim.asd

Andreas Fuchs asf at boinkor.net
Wed Feb 2 10:37:20 UTC 2005

On 2005-01-31, Andreas Fuchs <asf at boinkor.net> wrote:
> By the way, I have put up an asdf-installable tarball of yesterday's
> McCLIM CVS checkout (non-anonymous CVS, though).
>
> Testers, get it via ASDF-INSTALL by running:
>
> (asdf-install:install
> "http://boinkor.net/lisp/mcclim/mcclim-2005-01-31.tar.gz")

Alright, I put up a new asdf-installable snapshot. Features:

 * Should work with OpenMCL (caveat: needs CLX pre-installed. The one
   from fink should work, if you have clx.asd linked from your
   asdf:*central-repository* directory)
 * more sparse dependency graph on the CLIM system - more incremental
   development support (-:

For a quick overview of the benefits of the second bullet, compare
http://www.boinkor.net/lisp/mcclim/CLIM.ps (the old graph) and
http://www.boinkor.net/lisp/mcclim/new-graphs/CLIM.ps (-:

The asdf-installable snapshot:

http://www.boinkor.net/lisp/mcclim/mcclim-2005-01-31e.tar.gz

If you pulled the previous asdf-install snapshot, you can get the
updated mcclim.asd (it's all that changed) from:

http://www.boinkor.net/lisp/mcclim/testing/mcclim.asd

> on your favorite lisp REPL. One pitfall: remove old links to
> system.lisp from your asdf:*central-registry* directories. I had to
> remove symlinks called clim.asd, clim-clx.asd, clim-clx-user.asd and
> clim-listener.asd.
>
> Nice test case after you installed it:
>
> (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :clim-examples)
> (clim-demo::run-test 'clim-demo::method-browser)
>
> and enter clim:note-sheet-grafted (-:

Good luck and have fun testing it!
--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf at boinkor.net>, asf at jabber.at, antifuchs