[mcclim-devel] Re: a new File Selector..

Max-Gerd Retzlaff m.retzlaff at gmx.net
Tue Aug 30 02:53:57 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 04:38:13AM +0200, Max-Gerd Retzlaff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My File Selector is completed.

Oh, I've forgotten to mention that it is no real gadget that will be
called when there is an (ACCEPT 'PATHNAME) in the +gadget-dialog-view+
(or other gadget-views). For that WITH-OUTPUT-AS-GADGET would have
to work (compare my earlier mail about that).

But it is a normal ACCEPTING-VALUES dialog that can be displayed in a
seperate, new window or "embedded" into a pane of the host application.
Actually it is quite uncomplicated in its use, I think.

Right now it inserts a VRACK-PANE in the children slot of the parent's
parent and adopts the former children into another VRACK-PANE that is
a child of the other VRACK-PANE. (If the parent is embedded into a
SCROLLER-PANE it gets the SCROLLER-PANEs parent, if that's again
embedded into a BORDER-PANE it gets its parant.) Afterwards, if it was
embedded into another pane, the original pane hierarchy is reconstruced.

And the temporary panes are forgotten.

Apropos forgotton, please have a look at the function FORGET-NAMED-PANE
and its comment in the beginning of file-selector.lisp:

(in-package :climi)

;;; This is rather ugly. But right now named panes are pushed onto the
;;; slot FRAME-NAMED-PANES of the frame (in an :around method to
;;; make-pane-1 in frames.lisp) and *never* removed. Not nice, as the
;;; File Selector makes temporary panes that are nevertheless named.
;;; Even more ugly as they get the same name on every call of the File
;;; Selector. Apart from the accumulation of unused panes, which pane
;;; will be returned if I call (find-pane-named *application-frame*
;;; 'files) and there are several panes with this name? Therefore the
;;; panes are right now manually removed by the following function.

(defun forget-named-pane (pane &optional (frame *application-frame*))
  (setf (frame-named-panes frame)
        (delete pane (frame-named-panes frame))))

Yeah.

Regards,
Max

--
Max-Gerd Retzlaff <m.retzlaff at gmx.net>

For your amusement:
By protracting life, we do not deduct one jot from the duration of death.
		-- Titus Lucretius Carus