[mcclim-devel] One char patch to presentation-defs [really future of McCLIM]

Timothy Moore moore at bricoworks.com
Wed Aug 10 03:49:51 UTC 2005

On Aug 9, 2005, at 9:28 PM, rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:
> I'm afraid that hasn't really been my experience.  I can often crash
> McCLIM when I do something that upsets its processing of ACCEPT, in
> particular, and updating output seems to work very, very badly with
> scrolling panes, so badly that I can't think of a single interaction
> which hasn't required me to iconify and de-iconify the frame to make
> it repaint reasonably.  And usually I have to resize the frame by hand
> in the process.  This seems to me to be pretty far from usable.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing about the state of accept (more
accurately input editing) and incremental redisplay, but I'm having
some trouble searching through the mail archives for specific
complaints. In particular I have not noticed problems with scrolling
and updating-output in my use of it. Do you mind (re)posting some
specific bugs?

Thanks a lot,
Tim