[mcclim-devel] Re: [Sbcl-devel] Would McCLIM benefit from this pretty printer patch for CMUCL/SBCL?

Raymond Toy raymond.toy at ericsson.com
Wed Aug 3 14:36:55 UTC 2005

    Matthias> I have now taken a look at Gilbert Baumann's pretty printer patch
    Matthias> (http://bauhh.dyndns.org:8000/mcclim/pprint/) that Paolo pointed out.
    Matthias> As far as I can see, the changes there could be easily re-implemented
    Matthias> in terms of the more general "annotations" feature implemented in my
    Matthias> patch.

That's encouraging.

    Matthias> The only thing that is not covered by my patch is the hooks into
    Matthias> START-LOGICAL-BLOCK, END-LOGICAL-BLOCK, PPRINT-LOGICAL-BLOCK.  These
    Matthias> changes are independent of my patch.

Do you think the missing parts could be added?

    Matthias> (I am including below a new version of the patch for CMUCL that includes
    Matthias> docstrings.)

Thanks for the new patch.

Just a couple of questions.  You mentioned that you use this with
slime presentations.  What does these annotations do for slime
presentations?  Could you describe what happens?   I'm trying to
understand exactly what new capabilities you would get with these
annotations.  And a way to test the result after I've patched cmucl
with these changes. :-)

Ray