[mcclim-devel] Command translator question

Paul Werkowski pw at snoopy.mv.com
Sat Apr 30 14:48:52 UTC 2005

| | Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm obviously missing something...
|
| Well, you have not defined COM-DESCRIBE in the attached glimpse.lisp.
| I have never tried using the global command table in translators so I
can't
| say
| for sure that it should work. I have always used the frame command table
for
| translators.

Seems like COM-DESCRIBE is in McCLIM but not Lispworks CLIM.
I defined that, and worked around the CLIMI internal stuff using CLIM
MAP-OVER-x
functions. Having done that and a bit more hacking (below) your code worked,
meaning that command "Show Sheet Hierarchy" displayed a tree of sheet
objects
that were mouse sensitive for COM-DESCRIBE.

Some other things:

(find-pane-named *application-frame* 'app) returned a SPACING-PANE.
I had to use GET-FRAME-PANE instead.

Sometimes SHEET-CHILDREN popped a NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD
for objects for which SHEETP returned T. The only way I could find to
proceed
was to define dummy methods for classes
  WIN32-LIB-CLIM::WIN32- TOP-LEVEL-MENU
  WIN32-LIB-CLIM::WIN32-SCROLLBAR-PANE
  WIN32-LIB-CLIM:: WIN32-POINTER-DOCUMENTATION-PANE

Obviously these won't be a problem in McCLIM but it does indicate probing
too low into the implementation might be problematic.

Paul