[mcclim-devel] Re: Black art

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Fri Apr 29 09:44:19 UTC 2005

rpgoldman at real-time.com writes:

> I think one thing that makes it more confusing for a newcomer to CLIM
> is the way many of the manuals are written.
>
> I have looked at both the LW and the Allegro manuals, and maybe
> they're great manuals, but they are terrible to learn from.

The lack of good tutorial-style material and sample code has been a
constant complaint raised in the CLIM mailing list archives.  Some
vendors, such as Symbolics, offered training, and some tutorial
sessions were done at Lisp conferences.  A suggestion for the next
Lispnik events, large and small: CLIM tutorials.

> What I'd like to do is just share some perceptions of what I think
> might make things easier for McCLIM users and might make McCLIM more
> popular.

Keep the questions going until my fingers bleed on the keyboard :)

Paolo
--
Lisp Propulsion Laboratory log - http://www.paoloamoroso.it/log