[mcclim-devel] possible buglet in highlighting shapes

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Fri Apr 29 07:54:33 UTC 2005

Duncan Rose <duncan at robotcat.demon.co.uk> writes:

> something that's slow) but getting the correct part is the trick. I've
> read certain sections of the spec repeatedly ('geometry substrate',
> 'windowing substrate', parts of 'building applications' mainly), and
> inspected the McCLIM code in detail too in these areas and I still
> have no idea what the 'correct' behaviour is in many cases.

You may check the CLIM mailing list archives.  They provide
explanations and clarifications on many design decisions and
implementation issues.

> Most of this (IMHO) is definitely down to vagueness in the spec (for
> another example, according to the LispWorks CLIM user guide, a
> platform-specific fontspec can be used as a text-style (e.g. an X
> fontspec), and this is intimated at in the spec too, but it's not made
> clear). I have no idea if McCLIM supports this though (I think:

The main problem with CLIM vendors manuals is that they don't make
clear what is in the spec and what is an extension.

Paolo
--
Lisp Propulsion Laboratory log - http://www.paoloamoroso.it/log