[mcclim-devel] Axiom

C Y smustudent1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 18:02:54 UTC 2005

There has been some discussion going on on the Axiom list about
graphics, and Tim Daly made the following interesting remark:

"I've looked at McClim which is a path I'd dearly love to take but so
far I've not gotten it to work. If someone could reproduce the first
page of the browser (a few buttons, an image) in McClim that might be
enough to get me over the hurdle. A pure lisp solution is preferred."

How difficult would this be to create (assume current McCLIM skills =
<very small quantity>) ?  I would like to take a stab at this (or if
somebody with actual skill does that would be even better) because if
Axiom impliments a GUI in McCLIM it would (IMHO) do a world of good for
both Axiom and McCLIM.  I have gotten McCLIM to work before (though not
on GCL) and if it's not insanely difficult I'd like to take a shot at
it.

CY