[mcclim-devel] possible buglet in highlighting shapes

Duncan Rose duncan at robotcat.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 17:40:17 UTC 2005

On Thursday, April 28, 2005, at 06:23 PM, Robert P. Goldman wrote:

> OK, sorry.  But for the stupid, what's the magic to put in
> make-application-frame that will give us something that's scrollable?
>
> If there is no easy way to specify a scrollable pane, isn't that a
> problem?
>
> I accept Andy's worry about losing the ability to grab onto the "real"
> internal pane, but it still seems that there should be an easy way to
> specify scrollable panes w/o having to go beyond the
> define-application-frame syntax.  But I'm getting confused, so maybe
> I'm missing something.
>
> Thanks,

I think the consensus is that all CLIM 'windows' (i.e. panes that are in
fact clim-stream-pane types) DO (or at least, should) accept the
:scroll-bars
keyword in 'define-application-frame' and will default this to some
sensible
value (dependent of pane type) if not provided.

This *should* mean that no magic is required; just use an :interactor or
:application (or :command-menu, :title, or :pointer-documentation) pane
and
scrolling should 'just happen' (well - some of these types have a
default
:scroll-bars of nil and so won't scroll out of the box).

That's my current understanding of the spec. Whether I'm right or not is
a different question ;-)

-Duncan