[mcclim-devel] How to change color of a text field

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Wed Apr 20 09:50:42 UTC 2005

Andy Hefner <ahefner at gmail.com> writes:

> Try repaint-sheet rather than redisplay-frame-pane.

I use code like this:

  (let ((gadget (find-pane-named *application-frame* 'my-text-field)))
    (setf (medium-foreground gadget) +blue+)
    (repaint-sheet gadget (sheet-region gadget))
    (redisplay-frame-pane *application-frame* gadget :force-p t))

But I still get the default black color.  The closest thing to
changing color I have been able to get, playing with
medium-ink/foreground and sheet-medium, is a blue text cursor.

By the way, I call this code from the text field's activation
callback: is this an issue?

Poolo
--
Lisp Propulsion Laboratory log - http://www.paoloamoroso.it/log