[mcclim-devel] question about behavior of describe

rpgoldman at sift.info rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Apr 5 04:52:09 UTC 2005

    RS> rpgoldman at sift.info writes:
    >>
    >> In the old days, I was able to click on an object that I had displayed
    >> in a McCLIM application frame and describe it (using "describe
    >> presentation"?).  Now this isn't available any more.  Now when I use
    >> the right mouse menu, I see "Describe," but I have not been able to
    >> persuade it to describe the things I have presented.  For that matter,
    >> it doesn't really do anything even on numbers.  I realize that this is
    >> probably a very dumb question, but is there some primer somewhere on
    >> how to make this do something nice with my presentations?

    RS> The previous default behavior was removed because not every
    RS> application wanted it (it was a rather implementation-oriented
    RS> feature).

Thanks.  I understand and sympathize.  But is there some easy recipe
to get this behavior back?  Either to get it for a whole application
(my biggest use for McCLIM was for debugging tools), or for particular
objects?

I feel sure that this is a stupid question and that there's some
RTFMish thing I should be doing, but the CLIM literature seems so
scattered and fragmented that I'm finding it hard to get a handle on
it.

Best,