[mcclim-devel] support for clisp (1)

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Mon Dec 20 16:15:30 UTC 2004

Bruno Haible writes:
 > Robert Strandh wrote:
 > > Mario Mommer will give you write access to the McCLIM CVS so that you
 > > can check in these modifications and continue to help make McCLIM work
 > > with CLISP.
 >
 > "continue to"? It already works with the two patches I posted! :-)

Great!  But we are likely to break it it the future :-)

 > About the second one: Could someone please explain what the intent of the
 > package EXTERNAL-FORMAT in McCLIM is?

It looks like it tries to handle functions for translating from some
internal format of McCLIM (hopefully Unicode) to X11 font encoding.

 > And is it welcome if I send out the interesting warnings that CLISP gives?
 > (Mostly about unused variables and inconsistent class precedence lists.)

Nor really.  Those warnings are given by other implementations as
well.  The best thing would be to fix them. :-)

--
Robert Strandh