[mac-lisp-ide] Where /is/ everyone?

Paul Lathrop plathrop at nmu.edu
Tue Mar 23 18:54:29 UTC 2004

On Mar 23, 2004, at 12:04 PM, mikel evins wrote:
> - the code for the listener and inspector are minimally changed from
> the Cocoa example code. Someone needs to read through it, look for
> opportunities to refactor, improve package organization, look for dead
> code, document undocumented code, check for unexported symbols that
> need to be exported and vice versa, move generally useful utilities
> into more generally-accessible places in the build, and just generally
> make the code prettier and better factored wherever that can be done.

This is the project I was going to start on next. I was going to focus
on the listener for the time being, but both are on the agenda.

> - a nibfile reader/writer
> 	I'd like some Lisp code that can read and write nibfiles, to form the
> basis of Lisp-based tools to help build UIs with Clotho.
>
> [A few weeks back I hacked up a very simple reader; it was pretty
> easy. I think this would be a good starter project for someone with at
> least a little familiarity with either Lisp or Cocoa or both.]

This is the new feature I am most interested in right now - I think it
would be a great help in sharpening both my Lisp skills and my Cocoa
skills. Any chance you could send me the code you hacked together just
so I can get some ideas on a starting point?

--Paul Lathrop