[mac-lisp-ide] Whither CLIM/Cocoa?

Duncan Rose duncan at robotcat.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 29 18:41:05 UTC 2004

On Sunday, February 29, 2004, at 06:34 PM, Rainer Joswig wrote:

> At 17:58 Uhr +0000 29.02.2004, Duncan Rose wrote:
>
> Cool.
>
> Would it be possible to use two backends (Cocoa and X11) in one
> Lisp ?

I don't see why not (well - I can see why not for the current state of
the code) - this was something I was going to try once I'm a little
further along. Certainly the CLIM spec indicates that this kind of
thing *should* be possible (which I suspect you well know 8-).

I'd also like to experiment with multi-heading too, which should also
work (when the code is finished).

In fact, I'm expecting to be able to run the following simultaneously:

   + one window in X11 through the CLX back end on the default screen
   + one window in Cocoa with the "standard" McCLIM L&F on the default
screen
   + one window in Cocoa with the Cocoa L&F on the default screen
   + and all of the above on another screen also

-Duncan