[mac-lisp-ide] Whither CLIM/Cocoa?

Duncan Rose duncan at robotcat.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 29 17:58:59 UTC 2004

It's... progressing 8-)  Still some glitches in text display even (for
some reason "class::object" is being rendered as "clas : object" on
entry, though it does get updated correctly most of the time afterwards
(it *only* affects repeat characters, the first being rendered and all
others not (initially) - I'm hoping McCLIM is being too clever for my
own good and this will be sorted once copy-area is implemented).

Drawing lines + rectangles works, so you can do "show class
superclasses" etc and get a sensible graph. Unfortunately scrolling
isn't (dependent on copy-area again) so you can't see much of the graph
if it's large. Mouse events work, so you can roll over the
presentations and manipulate them.

There's no pixmap support, and only key events involving printing
characters are working at the moment.
Event handling does a lot of busy waiting, and menus don't work.

Other than that it's nearly usable ;-)

-Duncan