[mac-lisp-ide] Extending clotho

Randall Beer beer at eecs.cwru.edu
Sat Feb 7 04:37:57 UTC 2004

>> Might it be useful to think of a Cocoa application as a special kind
>> of Lisp system?  If we had a ProjectBuilder sort of GUI for working
>> with (ASDF or DEFSYSTEM) Lisp systems, then we could also use it to
>> work with Cocoa applications.  COCOA-APPLICATIONS could have
>> additional file types associated with them, and could also responsd
>> to a SAVE-COCOA-APPLICATION operation (perhaps by starting up another
>> OpenMCL with a command line option set to load in the specified
>> system and then SAVE-APPLICATION).
>>

> Yah; this is a good idea.

One other thing that might be interesting for someone to look into:

F-Script (http://www.fscript.org/) allows a "live" interpreter to be
embedded inside Interface Builder, allowing interaction with UI objects
in Interface Builder (see
http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/07/12/embed_fscript.html?
page=3).

I wonder if it might be possible to use similar tricks to get OpenMCL
talking directly to Interface Builder via a remote REPL, allowing a
very tight interaction between the two in building GUIs.

Randy