Use of postcommand in combobox?

cage cage at katamail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:48:48 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 03:27:46PM +0200, Volker wrote:

hello!

> Has anyone a clue how postcommand in combobox is supposed to be used?

[...]

> I can not even run a simple function as postcommand, because this doesn't
> work either:
>
> (defun combo-postcommand-2 ()
>   (ltk:with-ltk ()
>     (let ((c (make-instance 'combobox :text "Values:" :postcommand (lambda
> () (format t "Run postcommand~%")))))
>       (ltk:pack c :side :left :padx 2))))

Looking at the ltk source¹ seems to me that "postcommand" is not a slot
of the ltk:combobox (and neither of the parents too).

If  I can  understand correctly  the  value (converted  to string)  is
passed straight to wish. Have you tried to pass tcl code instead?

Bye!
C.

¹ https://github.com/herth/ltk/blob/master/ltk/ltk.lisp#L2149