Remove canvas shapes by tag?

Matthew Stickney mtstickney at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 18:44:12 UTC 2016

Sorry, was going from memory and mis-copied it. You want
LTK:WIDGET-PATH instead.

Ltk is really good about being easy to extend, which is useful for
things like starkits or tcl extensions that don't really belong in a
tk binding. I've found that the major drawback to Tk is that it's
tricky to build new parts out of existing widgets[0]. It's got the
most straightforward and least bizarre widget API I've seen in any GUI
toolkit, though -- worthy of emulation, IMO.

[0] Technically, Tk widgets don't really exhibit "closure" -- you
can't build a widget out of other widgets, without resorting to one of
the object-based shims around Tk. There is some information about
creating so-called "megawidgets", but it's not as simple as you would
hope.