button scale and font

Michael Acker doby162 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 12:47:06 UTC 2016

When I try to set the font on a button, which is specified as a valid
keyword arg in the docs, I get the following error:

Invalid initialization argument:
    :FONT

I don't necessarily need to do anything fancy with the font in said button,
but it's default size and font are very small even on a regular monitor,
and my monitor is high-res, making it quite tiny. For every other component
i can just scale with fonts, but it doesn't seem to work with buttons.

While searching for solutions, I found this:
https://mailman.common-lisp.net/pipermail/ltk-user/2011-August/000477.html

It makes reference to setting an older version of wish in order to scale
components? If this functionality was truly just broken by an update back
in  2011 and never fixed, I'd like to be able to help address the bug, but
if I am just missing something, or there is a better way of making widgets
big enough to read, please let me know!

Thanks!