[ltk-user] Cross platform distribution?

Matthew Stickney mtstickney at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 03:01:11 UTC 2013

I've attached the little bit of code I use for working with starkits
and so forth in ltk (it uses cl-fad for pathname munging, but you
might be able to do without). My main entry point function then looks
something like the following (making sure ltk-libs.lisp gets loaded
first, of course):

(defun main ()
  (let ((ltk:*wish-pathname* (namestring (merge-pathnames #-(or :win32
:mswindows)
                                                          "tclkit-linux-x86"
                                                          #+(or :win32
:mswindows)

"tclkit-win32.upx.exe"))))
    (ltk:with-ltk ()
      ;; Load the necessary starkits
      (ensure-kits '("tkvideo.kit" "tkvideo")
                   '("img.kit" "Img")
                   '("winico06.kit" "Winico"))
      (load-lib "twapi-x86-3.1.17.dll" "twapi")

      <main application body here>)))

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Joshua Kordani <jkordani at lsa2.com> wrote:
> Thanks Matt I appreciate the tip.  Do you find that you make use of
> extensions related to Tk, or related to Tcl instead?

Unfortunately I only get to use Lisp at work when I can sneak it in
under the radar, so I haven't done a great deal with ltk (and not much
cross-platform stuff at that). So far all the starkits I've used have
been Tk related: the kits above are from a recent utility I wrote, and
are for webcam video display/capture, image formats (jpeg, png and so
forth), system tray icons, and some windows API bindings,
respectively. I had to write some bindings in ltk for some widgets
that weren't completely covered (I'll post them here as patches one of
these days), but that's about all. Again, I'm not exactly pushing the
envelope here, but I think ltk will get the job done quite well unless
you're trying to do something especially fancy.

-Matt Stickney