[ltk-user] Example of scrollbar available?

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Fri Dec 13 10:12:15 UTC 2013

On Fr, Dez 13, 2013 at 08:25:47 +0100, edgar wrote:
> Am Fri, 13 Dec 2013 07:41:07 +0100
> schrieb Josef Wolf <jw at raven.inka.de>:
>
> > Well, if you try about everything and nothing works, eventually you
> > arrive at a point where you even try nonsense :-)
>
> Yes ... I remember ... that's exactly how I learned Tcl/Tk :-)

:-)

Do I really need to learn tcl when I want to use ltk? =8-O

> Hierarchical browsers containing text (like file names and git branches)
> together with nodes (e.g. little graphics symbols) that can be expanded
> and collapsed are usually implemented by text widgets and text markers.
>
> An example how this works can be found in the book
> "Effective Tcl/Tk Programming" by Mark Harrison and Michael McLennan:
> http://www.amazon.com/Effective-Tcl-Tk-Programming-Programs/dp/0201634740
>
> A picture how this looks like can be found here:
> http://incrtcl.sourceforge.net/itcl/mmc/full/catalog.gif
>
> The text browser on the left side contains small black triangles
> to expanded and/or collapse the text under the headlines.
>
> Is that what you want?

That's pretty close. Things that I need which might be missing in such a
browser are:

- preview/rename/move/remove files within a branch (possibly modifying file
  hierarchy)
- move files from one branch to another
- rename branches
- merge branches

> I have a copy of "Effective Tcl/Tk Programming" and we could try
> to re-implement the browser widget in LTK.

That would be great!

--
Josef Wolf
jw at raven.inka.de