[ltk-user] Cross platform distribution?

Jason Miller jason at milr.com
Mon Dec 16 21:36:19 UTC 2013

Hi Joshua,

I have done this before.

For a double-clickable windows executable, it is trivial.  Download the
tclkit executable, and install it into the same path as your executable.
Windows defaults to the CWD being the directory the executable is in, so
you are done.

OS-X Is a bit harder, as a bundle is lanched with the unix CWD equal to
/.  ClozureCL makes it relatively easy to call into objective C though,
so if you want to depend on that, you can call into the framework that
lets you get the bundle path.  Then you can put the lisp executable and
the tclkit in the bundle and again it all works.

I'm looking for a way to do OS X from sbcl, and I know it's possible,
but I haven't had the spare cycles to figure it out at the moment.

FYI for linux I just require that they have tcl >= 8.5 installed and in
$PATH.  It's usually not a problem.

-Jason