[ltk-user] Using tags on canvas items?

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Wed Nov 21 11:41:29 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

I am trying to use the tags feature of the canvas. So I am trying to attach a
list of tags to an item and use those tags later to identify items. Here's an
example:

 (with-ltk ()
   (let* ((sc (make-instance 'scrolled-canvas))
          (canvas (canvas sc))
          (polygon (create-polygon canvas '(10 20 30 40 60 50))))

     (pack sc)
     (configure canvas :width 100 :height 100)

     (itemconfigure canvas polygon :tags '(foo bar baz))
     (itemconfigure canvas polygon :fill 'red)
     (itemconfigure canvas 'foo    :fill 'yellow)))

But it somehow doesn't work the way I expected it to work. The polygon stays
red instead of being re-configured to yellow.

It also won't work if I use strings instead of symbols. It only works if I use
a _single_ string. But this is not how the tags feature is intended to work.

Any ideas?