[ltk-user] binding an event to a canvas element

Jerry Vinokurov jerryv at cmu.edu
Thu Jun 21 21:38:27 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to bind an event to a canvas element, in this case an arc. I
create the arc using something like

(let* ((pie-canvas (make-instance 'canvas
                       :height 200
                       :width 200))
         (arc1 (create-arc pie-canvas 0 0 200 200 :start 0 :extent 45)))

and then later inside the let, I would like to bind a button click event
to the arc. I have no problem binding to the canvas itself using (bind),
and in Python, I can use the tag_bind method of the Canvas class to
achieve this. However, I can't figure out the Ltk equivalent, if there
is one. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks,
Jerry

--
Jerry Vinokurov