[ltk-user] installing libimg on a ac

Melanie Mitchell mm at cs.pdx.edu
Thu Jul 14 17:28:57 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have recently started using ltk with CCL on a Mac (OS 10.6.8).  I would like to be able to use the "load-image" command to display jpeg images without having to convert them to gif or ppm.  I read on the web that

	"In order to use modern formats like PNG and JPEG you will need to install the libimg extension library for Tcl/Tk (e.g. in Ubuntu, you need to install the libtk-img 		package) and require the package before you use it."

My question is, does anyone know how to install libimg on a mac so that I can "require" it from ltk?

Thanks very much!

Melanie