[ltk-user] fix for ltk on mswin?

dherring at tentpost.com dherring at tentpost.com
Sat Feb 20 04:40:44 UTC 2010

Peter wrote:
> I just committed a LTk version which has the parameter
> *max-line-length* to limit the
> line length in the communication with TCL - perhaps playing around
> with that value
> brings any progress.

Unfortunately, that didn't fix it.  I tried 100, 200, ..., 500.

I am starting to understand my way around this part of the code, and have
isolated a consistent failure.

LTK says
  (send-wish "proc senddatastring {s} {
       global server

       puts $server \"(:data \\\"[escape $s]\\\")\"
       flush $server
    } ")

If I add a (read-data) after this, it says
LTK::READ-WISH returned (:ERROR "missing close-brace")

If the definition is changed to a single line,
  (send-wish "proc senddatastring {s} {global server; puts $server
\"(:data \\\"[escape $s]\\\")\"; flush $server} ")
LTK::READ-WISH hangs because there is no error...

This appears to be an issue with all multi-line procedure definitions --
but the ones in init-tcl work fine...

Still poking around.

- Daniel