[ltk-user] Multiple canvas controlled by 1 scrollbar

Peter Herth herth at peter-herth.de
Thu Oct 15 20:17:10 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 4:58 AM, Wesley Kerr <wkerr at cs.arizona.edu> wrote:
> Is there any way to set the commands so that I can control multiple
> canvases with a single scrollbar?  I'm trying to hack together a
> solution using scale objects right now and it's proving kind of
> difficult.

Now, that is a difficult one... but I have implemented a mega-widget which
scrolls 2 canvasses horizontally, but only one vertically. It is included in
the ltk-mw package, but not officially released yet. If you have subversion,
you can checkout the latest ltk development version at:

http://ltk.rplay.net/svn/branches/ltk/repl/

and look at the "multiscroll-thingy" widget. To get the desired
scrolling behavior,
I had to sneak in a bit of Tcl code. Have a look at it and then ask
any questions
you might have :)

Peter