[ltk-user] wrong # args when trying to setup a command for the scale widget

Russell Kliese russell at kliese.id.au
Mon Nov 16 03:12:50 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm getting the following error reported when trying to setup a command
to be executed when a scale widget is changed:

wrong # args: should be "callback s"
wrong # args: should be "callback s"
    while executing
"callback w4 0"
    (command executed by scale)

The following code reproduces this error.

(defun command-test()
  (ltk:with-ltk ()
                (let* ((f (make-instance 'ltk:frame))
                       (b1 (make-instance 'ltk:button
                                          :master f
                                          :text "Button 1"
                                          :command (lambda () (format t
"Button~&"))))
                       (scale (make-instance 'ltk:scale
                                          :master f
                                          :command (lambda (val) (format
t "Scale val:~D~&" val)))))
                  (ltk:pack f)
                  (ltk:pack b1 :side :left)
                  (ltk:pack scale :side :left)
                  )))

I'm using LTK 0.91. Perhaps this is caused by a bug in the command sent
to tk to set up a callback. Any pointers to the part of the code I
should look at to fix this problem would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Russell