[ltk-user] Still active...

Kenneth Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 16:01:43 UTC 2009

Christoph Senjak wrote:
> Hello.
>
> 2009/6/16 Kenneth Tilton <kentilton at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Yang Qu wrote:
>>> Nice work.
>> Pffft! Save that for when it is implemented via CFFI.
>>
>> hth, kt
>
> Actually it works better than every CFFI-Binding for UI-toolkits I
> know.

Hyperbole aside, LTk is indeed a fine library.

> Or can you make something better using CFFI?

Absolutely. Much richer event stream and low-level access when needed.
Greater performance, of course. And it is not clear the Togl widget can
be effectively driven over a pipe.

The larger point I would make is, why not? The pipe was a good idea to
get going quickly, but FFI is not all that hard -- I am sure Mr. Burdick
could do it in a few days, possibly by finding existing O/S code that
talks to Tcl/Tk via CFFI and using that as a starting point.

kt