[ltk-user] First use of ltk

Greg Bennett gwbennett at sentex.ca
Fri Dec 4 02:20:46 UTC 2009

I am trying to move an application from Windows -> Linux and the
graphics part seems to be the most difficult. I hope that ltk can help me
along.

Under ubuntu 8.10 and SBCL 1.0.23 I have downloaded ltk-0.91.tgz
and extracted it into its own directory.

SBCL happily compiled ltk.lisp and ltk.fasl loaded too.

When I tried to run (ltktest) SBCL became unhappy:
Couldn't write to #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM for "descriptor 6" {B98E79}>:
Broken pipe.

Perhaps I have put ltk in the wrong place ? Perhaps there is something
which I have failed to set up correctly.

I see from the troubleshooting file that some web
connections/applications can cause difficulty.
I am running firefox - from which I retrieve ltk!

Any and all advice/comments gratefully received

Cheers /Greg Bennett