[ltk-user] Problem with Extension

Christoph Senjak christoph.senjak at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 1 21:19:28 UTC 2009

Hello.

I want to use PNG-Images on Ltk-Buttons. Therefore, I want to use the
Img-Package. I am not familiar with this. I read the documentation and tried
the following:

(setf *init-wish-hook* (append
                   *init-wish-hook*
                   (list (lambda ()
                       (send-wish "package require Img")))))

(defun config-button-png (button png)
         (format-wish "~A configure -image [ image create photo -data \"~A\"
]"
              (ltk::name button)
              png))

(with-ltk ()
         (let* ((f (make-instance 'frame))
            (b (make-instance 'button
                      :master f
                      :text ""
                      :command (lambda () (format t "Quak!~%")))))

           (pack f)
           (config-button-png b
"iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAAoAAAAKCAIAAAACUFjqAAAAAXNSR0IArs4c6QAAAAlwSFlzAAALEwAACxMBAJqcGAAAAAd0SU1FB9kEARQbItOgpzAAAAAZdEVYdENvbW1lbnQAQ3JlYXRlZCB3aXRoIEdJTVBXgQ4XAAAAEklEQVQY02P8z4APMDGMSmMBAEEsARNlYhAzAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC")
           (pack b)))

This doesnt work. Also when replacing -data by -file and providing a
filename, it doesnt work. I also tried to replace ltk::name by
ltk::widget-path.
There is no Image appearing. In the wish-shell, the following works:

package require Img
set frame .frame
toplevel $frame
frame $frame.f
button $frame.f.b -text ""
$frame.f.b configure -image [ image create photo -data
"iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAAoAAAAKCAIAAAACUFjqAAAAAXNSR0IArs4c6QAAAAlwSFlzAAALEwAACxMBAJqcGAAAAAd0SU1FB9kEARQbItOgpzAAAAAZdEVYdENvbW1lbnQAQ3JlYXRlZCB3aXRoIEdJTVBXgQ4XAAAAEklEQVQY02P8z4APMDGMSmMBAEEsARNlYhAzAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC"
]

Do you have any clue what I am doing wrong?

Thank You.
Christoph Senjak