[ltk-user] ltk-eyes

Neil Baylis neil.baylis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 19:47:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a couple of newbie questions.

Firstly, I just upgraded to Tk 8.5.1. Since the upgrade, I notice that
ltk-eyes has a problem. When I click on the window close button, the window
closes, but control doesn't return to the REPL. I have to interrupt to get
it back. With the previous Tk (8.4.7) this worked fine. However, ltktest
works correctly. Is this just a bug in ltk-eyes? Perhaps I need to
re-install ltk after I upgrade Tk ?

Secondly, I tried to use ltk-eyes as a template for a test program, because
it draws on a canvas and responds to mouse events. So, I copied the entire
function into a separate file, giving it a new name. When I start it up, the
window appears normal, except the two eyes are stuck in the top left corner
of the window, and don't respond to the mouse movement. Since I'm
(in-package :ltk) when I do this, I can't understand what global state might
be missing. (This was with Tk 8.4.7. I haven't checked whether I still have
this problem with Tk 8.5.1).

My system is OSX Leopard PPC with OpenMCL.

Thanks,

Neil Baylis