[ltk-user] Got LTK to work - second question

Valone, Toren W. TValone at DMV.CA.gov
Thu Jan 24 20:40:34 UTC 2008

Thanks, please bear with me, I am a long time Mainframe Rexx hack delving into the wild world of LISP and LTK. I have one simple request. Can someone post to the list an example of a working LTK application with menus and buttons and text boxes? I tried to find LTKTEST on my machine and while I am able to execute it in Emas/Slime I cannot find the source file, so please forgive me my ignorance! I want everything to be almost perfect as I am of half german decent!

________________________________

From: ltk-user-bounces at common-lisp.net [mailto:ltk-user-bounces at common-lisp.net] On Behalf Of Vytautas Jancauskas
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 4:14 AM
To: Talk about Ltk the Lisp Toolkit
Subject: Re: [ltk-user] Got LTK to work - second question

yep you need to use C-c C-k instead

On Jan 24, 2008 11:15 AM, Felip Alàez Nadal <uu.nix.uu at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello:

I believe that you should use C-c C-k . This will compile and load a lisp file on my pc (I'm not sure if you use the same slime version). In my pc, C-c C-c only compiles the file, but doesn't load It.

>I should add, that when I close Emacs, restart it, get into the LTK
>environment and load fgs, then the changes show up.

Well, surely, if you do (load "fgs" ), lisp searches the compiled file and loads that. Then the changes show up.

I hope to be helpful
--
Felip Alàez Nadal

ltk-user site list