[ltk-user] LTK and ECLS

Thomas F. Burdick tburdick at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 17:46:28 UTC 2008

2008/8/13 Marko Kocić <marko.kocic at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anybody been able to use some of the recent versions of ECLS with LTK?

Nope, but it shouldn't be much work to get it working. In general,
SBCL and Allegro will always work correctly, because that's what the
developers use, and other implementations should be fine, but could
suffer occasional bit-rot in the details.

> After I load ltk, when I try either (ltk:ltktest) or (ltk::ltk-eyes),
> only empty Tcl window
> is displayed. After closing it I got the following error in REPL:
>
>> (ltk::ltk-eyes)
> Read or write operation to stream #<output stream
> "\"c:/Tcl/bin/wish85.exe\" \"-name\" \"LTK\""> signaled an error.
> Explanation: Invalid argument.
> Broken at SI:BYTECODES.No restarts available.
> Broken at SI:BYTECODES.

Well that error isn't too surprising. Could you set *debug-tk* to t
and try again? Also, please interrupt ECL when it's hung and post a
backtrace from there.

> It works ok in SBCL though.

If an SBCL change ever breaks Ltk it should get addressed very, very quickly.