[ltk-user] Entry index

mandeep singh lassiholik at gmail.com
Tue May 8 23:04:01 UTC 2007

Sorry Vadim you were right in the first place - i wrote Edit by i
meant the Text widget all along. Thoughtless mistake from me, i'd been
up all night. I am highlighting parts of the text using tags - so i
need to know the line number and character position within the line.

To do this i need to translate from a position in the text string - to
a position in the text widget (line.char). This is where im stuck.

i thought to write my own code but im very new to both tk and ltk so
im not sure how to read the data back from wish.

so far i have something like:
(defun index (text-widget string-index)
  (format-wish "~A index {~A}" (widget-path text-widget) string-index)
   (read-data))

but after this im stuck. does read-data modify some global variable? i
dont know where it keeps the state even though ive tried reading the
defun itself.

any help appreciated.