[ltk-user] Windows problem again

Hitman _Hitman_ at centrum.cz
Tue Mar 20 13:28:50 UTC 2007

Thomas F. Burdick wrote:
> This sounds different from any Windows-related problem I remember
> being reported before.  Unfortunately, you haven't given enough
> details for us to be able to determine what's going wrong; although if
> you're seeing the Wish window, you have no problems with asdf nor with
> wish being started.
>
> After loading ltk, before running any tests, could you do (setf
> ltk:*debug-tk* t) and send us the complete transcript of the session.
> Hopefully Peter and I will spot something in that output.
>
> Also, to rule out any character encoding issues, try to verify that
> Emacs, CLISP, and Tk are all running in Latin-1 locales.
>
> -Thomas
Hi, I have a new knowledge about my problem. It maybe can help. If I
evaluate (ltktest) or (ltk::ltk-eyes) the window shows up and hanging -
that I already wrote, but when I close slime or more precisly emacs...
the window, which was hanging stop hanging and the picture of these
tests shows up and of course when I want to do whatever, the Application
Error shows up too.
For example:
(ltk::ltk-eyes)
=> window shows up and it's hanging

---> I close emacs
=> the eyes with blue circle in LTK window shows up and Application
Error window shows up too... in this window is this error:
error writing "stdout": broken pipe
error writing "stdout": broken pipe
    while executing
"puts "(:callback \"$s\")""
    (procedure "callback" line 1)
    invoked from within
"callback after2"
    ("after" script)

This is interesting, I think. At first I see nothing and when I close
emacs I see the example but not functionall. I hope this can help you
give me an advice.

Best regards. Honza