[ltk-user] Windows problem again

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at ocf.berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 16 08:47:17 UTC 2007

On 3/13/07, Hitman <_Hitman_ at centrum.cz> wrote:

> 5) start up test
> (ltktest)
> => LTK window shows up with 3s delay, windows shows up transfusing clock
> and it transfusing and transfusing ;)... never stops... and no workable
> test :'(
> 6) try to start simple example
> (with-ltk ()
> (let ((b (make-instance 'button
> :master nil
> :text "Press Me"
> :command (lambda ()
> (format t "Hello World!~&")))))
> (pack b)))
> => LTK window shows up, but error window with notice shows up too... the
> notice on window is:
> "EVAL: variable 222BUTTON has no value
> Do you wish to invoke the debugger?"
> and slime falls down.
> I tried to restart after installation of tcl, I tried to install other
> tcls, I tried to kill programs from tray and windows processes...
> nothing helps :(
> Help me please. Thnx for any answer.

This sounds different from any Windows-related problem I remember
being reported before.  Unfortunately, you haven't given enough
details for us to be able to determine what's going wrong; although if
you're seeing the Wish window, you have no problems with asdf nor with
wish being started.

After loading ltk, before running any tests, could you do (setf
ltk:*debug-tk* t) and send us the complete transcript of the session.
Hopefully Peter and I will spot something in that output.

Also, to rule out any character encoding issues, try to verify that
Emacs, CLISP, and Tk are all running in Latin-1 locales.

-Thomas