[ltk-user] Windows problem again

Hitman _Hitman_ at centrum.cz
Tue Mar 13 19:44:11 UTC 2007

Hi,
I have same problem which other people wrote here. But I don't know what
I can do, cause the solutions of these problems wasn't solution for me
:(. I have Windows XP and clisp (I use it with slime) and I'd like to
use LTK. I try to install tcl/tk, ActiveTcl and tclkit too. I do exactly
this:
1) start emacs and slime(of course clisp with)
2) compile and load ltk:
(compile-file "C:/clisp/ltk/ltk.lisp")
(load "C:/clisp/ltk/ltk.lisp")
3) use ltk
(in-package :ltk)
4) path to wish.exe
(setf *wish-pathname* "C:/Tcl/wish.exe") or
(setf *wish-pathname* "C:/Tcl/wish84.exe") or
(setf *wish-pathname* "C:/Tcl/tclkit.exe")

---> until here all is great

5) start up test
(ltktest)
=> LTK window shows up with 3s delay, windows shows up transfusing clock
and it transfusing and transfusing ;)... never stops... and no workable
test :'(
6) try to start simple example
(with-ltk ()
(let ((b (make-instance ’button
:master nil
:text "Press Me"
:command (lambda ()
(format t "Hello World!~&")))))
(pack b)))
=> LTK window shows up, but error window with notice shows up too... the
notice on window is:
"EVAL: variable 222BUTTON has no value
Do you wish to invoke the debugger?"
and slime falls down.
I tried to restart after installation of tcl, I tried to install other
tcls, I tried to kill programs from tray and windows processes...
nothing helps :(
Help me please. Thnx for any answer.