[ltk-user] writing a compound widget

Vadim vadim at vkonovalov.ru
Wed Jun 13 12:11:27 UTC 2007

Russell McManus wrote:

>Are there any examples around of how to write a compound widget in
>ltk?  In particular, I'd like to try to write something like the
>Notebook widget that's available in perl/tk.

Tcl/Tk has several different notebooks, widgets, why just not using
BLT's one (which is the best, to my taste)?

More commonly, I would advise to implement compound widget in Tcl/Tk
(for example via snit, or whatever package) and then use it from ltk

(perl/Tk do not allow this powerful approach, BTW, and ltk seemingly do)

Best regards,
Vadim.