[ltk-user] UNICODE

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Wed Sep 27 16:51:34 UTC 2006

> Hello.
> We are currently developing multilingual ontologies for a European
> project called Terregov. The multilingual aspect of the project  require
> a UTF-8 encoding. The CLISP environment can be set easily,  however,
> when exchanging Polish strings with Tk, some characters  trigger a hang
> up on the connection. In particular the "o" with acute  accent seems to
> be one of the culprit.
>
> I assume that some of the UTF-8 codes are interpreted as control chars
> in the command string when sending or receiving strings between  the
> Lisp and Tk environments.
>
> Is there an easy way out of this problem?

Hmm -- just for reference, I've been trying ltk with AllegroCL, using
UTF-8 and text in Polish. No problems here. I would have noticed, as I
pass a lot of strings around and oacute is a frequently occurring
character.

I did have a problem with Tk not displaying UTF-8 characters unless
UTF-8 was set as a locale.

--J.