[ltk-user] Tile?

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 02:20:20 UTC 2006

On 3/27/06, Ken Tilton <kentilton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/27/06, Peter Herth <herth at peter-herth.de> wrote:
> >
> > On 3/27/06, Ken Tilton <kentilton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I just ran across Tk Tile. Seems to be all the rage. Also seems like
> > it will
> > > be built into Tk 8.5. Is LTk going that way?
> > >
> > That would be great, as I think tile is really an improvement.
> > Concerning ltk, just look at ltk-tile.lisp,
>

> Oh. Never mind. :)
>
> it is not complete, but
> > support is already there :)
>

> Wow, Tile just drops right in.

PWUAHAHAH: http://wiki.tcl.tk/15443

In the middle of that a Tile booster argues strenuously against mixing Tile
with Tk classic because of the visual nastiness of combining native with Tk
classic, which I certainly can imagine. They are saying, look, you want
native (Tile) or you want the same appearance on two different platforms
(Tk), make up yer mind.

Fortunately, they say, the decision is easier for new code since old code
requires some porting. One guy has 50kloc of Tcl. whoa.

Nice.I think I'll try porting Celtk to just use Tile. Some of those themes
> look a lot nicer than standard Tk.

So.... support both? Even at the same time, against all advice?

ken