[ltk-user] Very noob question

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at ocf.berkeley.edu
Fri Jan 20 14:42:46 UTC 2006

By the way, when reporting bugs/issues it's helpful to say what lisp
implementation you're using, and what OS/architecture.

On 1/20/06, Arie van Wingerden <xapwing at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> thanks for your answer.
> However, I now get another error.
> I execute the steps as you suggested, which works well.
> After that I execute:
>    (ltktest)
> as in the example and I get this trace info:
>
>    Win32 error 2 (ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND): The system cannot find the file
> specified.
>       [Condition of type SYSTEM::SIMPLE-OS-ERROR]

Since you're running on Windows, have you installed Tcl/Tk?  If not,
you can download it from here:

  http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActiveTcl

You will need to make sure that the *wish-pathname* variable is set to
the path  to wish.exe (eg, "C:\Tcl\bin\wish.exe").

This is omitted from the simplest example because typical Unix systems
have tcl/tk installed and wish in the path.  The installation
instructions should probably be updated to mention Windows issues.

> Hope this makes the problem evident for you!
> Thanks for your help!

No problem -- let me know if this works for you.  (And be sure to hit
"Reply to all" so you'll get the list as well).