[ltk-user] Re: Stumper

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sun Feb 5 10:44:53 UTC 2006

Kenny Tilton wrote:

> <snip>
> How does LTk end up with a symbol in the same package based on what
> the user is doing to the field?
>
> My guess is that Tk sends two messages, one delete, one insert, and
> that some different codebranch  is (a) reached because of the unusual
> circumstances and (b) does something funny with *package*.

This fixes the probelm (I disabled the local binding of *package* to Ltk):

 (defun read-wish()
   (let ((*read-eval* nil)
         #+not (*package* (find-package :ltk)))
     (ukt:trc "read-wish" *package*)
     (read (wish-stream *wish*) nil nil)))

Why was the package being forced to LTk, and for only some of the reads?

ken