[ltk-user] Icons

Felip Alàez Nadal uu.nix.uu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 10:16:30 UTC 2006

The first paramether is a photo object. You can see an example of how to
load an image at the source code for cl-cbr:
http://common-lisp.net/project/nixies/download/clcbr_latest.tar.gz

But to add an image to a button you only have to pass Its name as a
paramether when creating It. If the image isn't in a valid format, Ltk don't
loads It. You can use convert, which is part of ImageMagick, to convert
images to ppm.

2006/8/16, Bill Ramsay <ramsayw1 at verizon.net>:

> I'm trying to add an image or icon to a menubutton (or regular button)
> and I don't quite get how it works.
>
> What does the first parameter of image-load represent  (i.e. photo as in
> (image-load photo "x.ppm"))?
> Should I be working with bitmaps instead of images?
> How does the result of the load get assigned to the widget?
> And how does the :anchor or :justify get placed on the icon as opposed
> to the button text or the button itself?
>
> Is there an example of this anywhere?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill

Felip Alàez Nadal