[ltk-user] Apparent Bug

Bill Ramsay ramsayw1 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 17 14:55:22 UTC 2006

I seem to have found a bug in Ltk.   If you set the genomety of the main
window to x/y values of 0/0, the menus no longer work correctly.
Firing the menu command button causes the menu to appear in a flash and
fire the first menu item.   You do not get to view the menu at all, let
alone traverse it.    Setting the geometry to 1/1 (or anything else)
solves the problem.

I seem to have a lot of questions getting started with Ltk.   Sorry, but...

How do you create a modal dialog box?    I can do it by creating a
toplevel window and positioning it where the dialog should go, but this
solution is not modal.    Do you have to use tk itself to do this, or is
there something I'm missing in ltk.lisp.

Thanks,

Bill